Samsung announced W2017 (SM-W2017), premium flip phone in China back in November last year, now Samsung SM-G9298, successor of it has been certified by TENAA in China. It has a similar design and packs similar dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays that lets you use the phone even when it is closed, T9 keyboard, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and a fingerprint sensor on the back along with a heart rate sensor.
This is said to be powered by Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 instead of Snapdragon 820, which will likely be the only change compared to last year’s W2017.
Samsung SM-G9298 rumored specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm pixels
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 127.7 × 61.4 × 15.87mm, Weight: 234g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung SM-G9298 will come in Black color. It is said to be a revamped model for the European market.